Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15 – “Happy Birthday, Cailyn”

Well, Happy Birthday, Cailyn.  Our first little granddaughter turns five today.  No party until Saturday, though.  She was with us again yesterday.  Well, sort of.  Seems she was pretty adamant that she would not wear the dress that Mom had packed for her to wear.  That’s a problem because her school has a uniform policy.  Turned into a major crisis, at least for a while.  Fortunately for us, Daddy arrived and took over so we didn’t have to do anything crazy like discipline her.  They had quite the struggle of the wills, though.  Phone call to Mommy at work even happened.  That’s some serious stuff.  Which reminded me of something she told us the  other day.  A guy at school asked her to go on a date.  Here’s the interchange:
Cailyn: “James asked me to go on a date with him.”
Nani (cautiously): Where did he want to take you on this date?”  (Nice, vague answer)
Cailyn: “Outside.” (Nice, vague retort)
Nani: “What did you tell him?”
Cailyn: “I said, ‘No’ and ran away.” (Now there’s an answer a father could love)

Meanwhile, Chris had to drive to Bay City to take her Dad to an appointment in Houston.  Nathan came to stay with Mom while I went to water therapy.  Our foreign teacher was back.  The Germanic one who is hard to understand sometimes.  Always a tough workout.

Han then it was just Mom and I.  It wasn’t a day that she knew my name.  But when I told her it was “Kelley,” she got very excited and said, “Kelley.  That’s my name.”  When she was in high school and to many people even after that, she went by the name “Kelley.”  I thanked her for naming me after herself.  Mom was pleasant except for random times when she had been dozing and woke up groaning and wailing.  She never had a reason, though, when I talked to her about it. 

I think I’m going to have to end here.  I had to take my Uncle Jerry to the hospital again early this morning, and I am incredibly sleepy.  Sorry that it took so long to get a blog page posted.  Been sitting in the ER for a long time.  I’ll probably say more about it tomorrow, but I think I need some sleep right now. 

Psalms 4:6-8 says, “Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

Father, thank you that Uncle Jerry’s problem just went away.  He was really scared.  Give him some peace as he sleeps.  Amen.

No comments: