Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26 – “Early morning”


Early morning today.  The plan was to get up in time to go to Ball High School.  It is See You at the Pole day.  The idea is for students to get together before school starts and pray for each other, for the school, for the administration, and for the country.  Last time I went to one must have been before Hurricane Ike.  Back then different local churches would get involved to provide music and sometimes even leadership.  It’s supposed to be strictly student-led, though.  Anyway, I would have had to be there around 7 a.m.  But that didn’t happen.  Mom had another night and day reversal, so she was up all night just roaming around the house.  And of course Chris was right there with her.  Mom finally went back to bed somewhere around 4:30, so after Chris finally fell asleep I got up to take the next shift.  Mom was up again by 6:30, so I got her some breakfast and brought her walker and glasses to her.  She finished her cereal, then grabbed a piece of cake, then a chocolate chip cookie, then a piece of candy.  Guess she was hungry.  Chris was awake again by 7:15.  Tough night.

I’m meeting my friend Clay for breakfast over at IHOP.  Been a while since we have done that, too.  Not four years, but a month or two anyway.  It’s always good to touch base with him.  It is very difficult for a pastor to have a real friend, and he has certainly been one to me ever since I coached his son and mine in high school basketball. 

Early morning makes for a very short journal entry. 

Psalms 32:6-7 says, “Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him.  You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance”

Father, give those students courage to stand up for you today and every day.  Amen.

No comments: