Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24 – “A New name”


Chris got an interesting series of texts the other day.  The first one was “L.”  So was the second and third.  That’s all.  Just letter “L.”  Then it changed up a bit to “;” followed finally by “B.”  Interesting sequence.  We wondered if the person was stuttering.  She finally did get a significantly long text from the sender.  Maybe they were just warming up.

Micah has hit upon another possible name for his future sibling.  Josiah even likes it well enough to use it as well.  In fact I may even hang onto this one.  They started out with the whole Luke and Leia idea from Star Wars.  I guess Leia can stay in the mix just in case, but these are guys, so they are leaning toward a brother in their predictions for the future.  Now I have no idea where this name comes from, but it is sure stuck in their heads.  So, how’s this one sound?  Baby Roscoe.  I like it.  Has a real nice ring to it. 

I finished putting together my next book.  It’s a compilation of my journal entries from the time we evacuated for Hurricane Ike to the time we came back home.  It covers around nine months.  The last decision was whether or not to include a section for pictures.  The journal itself included three pictures already, but I’m looking at adding one of those segments of thirty or forty pictures of what the experience looked like from our perspective.  It’s not like I have a publisher lined up waiting with bated breath for me to finish.  I have no idea how much it will cost to self-publish it yet, either.  Guess I could check with the company that published A Seaside Saga.  They were fine, but they are located in Canada.  I was hoping for someone closer.  Anyway, the idea would be to have it ready for the fifth anniversary of the storm next September.  We’ll see.

Psalms 31:19 says, “How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.”

Father, you certainly have been the source of all goodness for me, whether anyone else saw it or not.  Thank you.  Amen.

No comments: