Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18 – “From whining to hope”


Welcome back.  No, that’s not a kindly expression of hospitality.  In this case it’s a sarcastic plea for relief.  Once again the rheumatoid arthritis reared its ugly head last night.  It has been almost totally under control for quite a while now.  The combination of the new shot I started taking once a month, with the Celebrex we got approved – finally – through the insurance company, mixed in with a prayer for healing here and there, resulted in a few months of feeling really good.  I even started back walking and moved into jogging a bit.  But then the insurance company got wind of it.  Not wanting to be denied an ongoing customer because he thinks he doesn’t need them anymore, they decided that I had reached the end of the line as far as Celebrex is concerned.  In fact the way their explanation was worded to the pharmacy, it sounds like my copay for all prescription medication is about to go up from either $25 or $40 to over $500.  That’s the copay, not the whole price for the medicine.  Sounds to me like I’ll be welcoming back pain like an old buddy from high school.  I did get an application to see if I qualify for a program to get free Celebrex from the drug company that makes it.  If that goes through by some freak chance, it’ll still be three to six months before the benefit kicks in.  I still had some of the last drug I was on before Celebrex, so that’s what I took last night to finally help me get some sleep.  I was doing my best not to jump straight to the heavy stuff – the straight pain medication.  Almost.  Maybe I should just go fishing today and try to forget about it for a while. 

OK.  Enough whining.  Today is deadline day.  It is the final opportunity anybody has to step up and save the house next door from destruction.  Past owners, next of kin, lien holders, all have been contacted and given every chance to make a move.  According to the city’s timetable they will now step in and tear the thing down.  Of course that will probably take longer than getting cleared for the Celebrex program to actually happen.  But, hey.  Hope springs eternal, doesn’t it?  Gotta stay positive.  Gotta hope for the best.  Gotta be encouraging.  Gotta make a phone call later today to jump start the process.

Psalms 31:3 says, “Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.”

Father, I’m all yours.  Do whatever you can with pile of aching bones.  Amen.

No comments: