Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23 – “A garden treat”

 
 
Just a few Cailyn moments today because we are getting ready to head to San Antonio for a day or two.  Josh and Christi are going to a conference, so we get the enviable task of hanging out with Zakary and Caleb.  And Cory, a young man in our church who works with our teenagers, is going to be handling preaching chores for me at Seaside, so we will get to hear Josh preach while we are there.  Works out great all the way around, except that I would like to hear Cory.  I know he'll do great.
 
Now Cailyn was quite talkative the other day.  Apparently her Mommy and Daddy have decided to become indoor farmers.  Sounded like fun to me.  She said they now have a garden "in the kitchen at my house" where she is growing some things that are "really, really good to my tummy.  Yes.  My tummy really, really likes them."  That sounded especially scrumptious, so of course we wanted to know just what it was that was going to make her innards sing so joyfully.  And she told us.  "I growing how-a-pay-nose." 
Ah, of course.  So we asked, "And what color are your how-a-pay-nose?" 
She replied, "They are red.  And yellow.  And green." 
I started to move on to the next question, but hesitated long enough for her to take a breath and continue, "and blue.  I have some blue ones." 
Blue how-a-pay-nose.  Actually, it doesn't much matter what color they are, they are simply not so really, really good to my tummy.  In fact they are really, really bad to my tummy.  Guess I'll leave tasting those how-a-pay-nose to those in our family with stronger digestive system constitutions than I have. 
 
Hebrews 13:15-16 says, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
 
Father, join us on our journey to San Antonio today.  But keep an eye on Mom while we are gone.  Amen.

No comments: