Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22 – “A Country Music Classic”

 
 
I got approved for Celebrex.  I got a call yesterday from somewhere in Louisiana.  I almost didn't answer the phone, but as it turned out I'm glad I did.  I don't always answer strange numbers the first time.  And on our house phone we rarely answer for any unknown number.  Just about the only family member who calls on the house phone anyway is Christina.  I guess that's the number she has designated for us in her cell.  Our rationale is that we want to make the most effective use of the wonderful option given us by the phone company – the "please leave a message" option.  Our son Josh inspired us with that one.  I don't think he even leaves his phone on.  He just checks it periodically and makes call-backs.  But back to the Celebrex, it has to come through an outfit in Louisiana called Total Life Care, and I have to get 3 months' supply.  That will be kind of a hit, because the copay is $150.  At least they said they would bill us.  I've been taking the Celebrex samples for a few days now, and they really do seem to work better than any of the others I have tried.  We'll see how it goes long term.
 
Cailyn came up with a new song the other day.  At least she had the new song title.  We were preparing to dance at the Grand Ball in my office.  I started singing my world renowned version of that timeless classic "Hmm Hmm, De Dumm Dumm."  Actually it was a random collection of nonsensical syllables and even more nonsensical notes.  Apparently it didn't strike her fancy as a dance number, so she first suggested, "Sing ABC's song, DadDad."  That sounded exciting as a first number, so with visions of a night of ballroom bliss ahead of me, I belted it out, and she even joined me as somewhat of a backup singer, throwing in emphases on key letters that she recognized.  And the dance itself was simply amazing.  She loved turning in circles.  Circle after circle after circle, eyes closed, hanging on to my hands and leaning her head back in absolute trust that I wouldn't drop her.  And then we went into our grand finale.  I showed her the "big dip at the end" move.  She picked it up right away and now demands it after every dance.  I thought we might get a break after such exertion, but no.  She continued naming song after song – "Mary add a Lamb" and "The Animals Song" (That was tough to decipher.  I had exhausted my meager repertoire, but finally came up with "Floody, Floody, in the Muddy."  That was it.).  It was her final request that completely threw me.  She pleaded for just one more, so I told her she had to pick the song this time.  And she had one right away.  "Do 'Ruby Had a Dog,' DadDad."  "Ruby Had a Dog"?  Really?  No clue at all on that one, so without hesitation I grabbed her hands and started singing.  Oh, the words?  I have no idea.  Something came out along the lines of "Ruby had a dog.  A big old dog.  Such a dog Ruby had, that Ruby's dog.  And Ruby's dog had Ruby, that tiny little Ruby.  And Ruby and her dog had her dog and Ruby."  I know.  A country music classic to be sure.  We exited the dance floor to get some water and a much needed rest.  DadDad was beat.  And Cailyn was happy.
 
Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
 
Father, thank you for greasing some wheels between our insurance company and the new pharmacy.  And thanks for the example of a child that there is delight in the simplest of things.  Amen.

No comments: