Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11 – “Time change”

 
 
Time change.  Makes for a restless night of almost-sleep around here.  I always wonder if my internal clock will get the message.  Will I wake up on my own as usual?  Or will I stay asleep until the backup alarm goes off that's designed to make sure Chris is awake?  In situations like this is usually wake up every hour on the hour just to check the clock.  At least I didn't do that.  I know I tossed and turned a lot, but I only remembering waking up one extra time, at 4:44.  Just a bit too early, even for my taste, to stay up.  I did manage to fall back to sleep and woke up again at 6:15. Much more like it.  Of course to my body that was 5:15, so it still felt early.  And then on top of everything else, Chris chose last night to start feeling lousy.  She had been sneezing all evening.  I've never said "Bless you" so many times to one person in my whole life.  Felt like a real purveyor of God's goodness.   The when we finally settled into bed, she said she was freezing.  Never a good sign.  She groaned off and on all night, so I'm not sure if she will make it to church this morning or not.  I have no idea how Mom will handle the time change.  I snuck in and changed the clock in her room before she went to bed, so at least that won't confuse her.  So all that being said … good morning, world. 
 
I don't think the newspaper deliverer got the message about the time change.  The only delivery that had been made when I went out this morning was the ads and comics of the Houston paper.  They bring that section before midnight anyway.  I'll have to keep checking to make sure we get something before I leave for church, or I have to call.  Quite the inconvenience.  I'm sure it's not all that fun for him, either, though.  The bad thing is, if you call because of a late delivery, it automatically goes down as a complaint against them.  I don't especially want that to happen unless it happens all the time.  I just want the paper we paid for. 
 
Guess I'll go over the teaching and the Visual Verse again.  We have a group of junior high mission trippers who are supposed to be joining us this morning (if, of course, their leaders remember the time change).  I'd like to be on my toes for that and see if I can keep them awake.
 
Hebrews 4:14-16 says, "Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,  Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are — yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
 
Father, thank you for creative people like Ben Franklin, even when they think up things like giving up an hour's sleep to have an extra hour of fun in the sun.  Works for Galveston.  Amen.

No comments: