Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8 – “Aliens and electrocutions”

 
 
Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction.  Check out this texting interchange between me and Nicole.  Nicole, a friend of Nathan and April's, has been trying to set up a PayPal account so people can donate money online to help them out with expenses.  Let's just say it hasn't been the easiest thing in the world to accomplish.
 
Feb. 4, 2012  10:25 AM
Me: Hi Nicole!  The football game was canceled so when can we do the PayPal thing?
Nicole: Does this afternoon or evening work better for you?  I'm having my car worked on and hope to have it back by 1:30.  I'm flexible with whatever works for u … once I get my car back :)  Sorry for the delayed response I didn't even hear my phone ding.
Me: No problem!  I should be flexible this afternoon too.  Text me when you get your car out of bondage!
Nicole: Deal.
 
Feb. 4, 2012  2:48 PM
Nicole: I came home to a giant hole in my roof right in my closet.  Steve's in duty and I have no idea what to do.  My parents are on their way.  Could we get together tomorrow?  My apologies I just don't know what to do.  I'll be out of church around noon or maybe even this evening.  My entire closet … shoes, clothes, everything soaked and the roof uh just gone in what looks like a 1 ft diameter.
Me: Oh no!  Maybe it was a UFO or a meteorite or something exotic like that.  Hopefully you can at least get a tarp nailed over it like they did after Ike.  We get out of church around noon too.  Just text me and let me know.
Nicole: Thanks Kelley I'll check in this afternoon/evening if I'm able to.  Perhaps if you're free it could work but for sure tomorrow.  Again my apologies … first the car breaks then the house!  Trying to remain thankful that I even have a car and home … not really helping at the moment though :)
Me: Hang in there girl! 
 
Feb. 6, 2012  5:26 PM
Me: So did you capture the alien invader that crashed through your roof?
Nicole: I'm thinking whatever it is stayed in my house.  Yesterday I got electrocuted my ceiling caught fire I then proceeded to drop and break a glass, crushed a light bulb between my hands and 3 picture frames flew off the wall as I walked by and all 3 shattered.  Obviously the Lord has a message or something but I haven't a clue what it is!  I just figured I was better off turning off the phone in case I sent bad juju through the phone.  Lol  Are you free this evening?
Me: I'm not sure I want to be anywhere near you!  Lol  We are hanging out with April and Cailyn while Nathan hangs out at the blood drive.  Be home later on.
 
Feb. 6. 2012  8:05 PM
Me: Just got home
 
Feb. 6 2012  9:31 PM
Nicole: Sorry was at gym how about we talk on the phone tomorrow and I can get it done or u can come up to my office.  Actually Steve's on duty tomorrow and I pick up kids near u I could stop by then.  Whatever works best for you.  Apologies again I'm really not usually such a flake
Me: No apology needed.  You have a hole in your roof and an alien loose in your house!  We have to take my Mom to the doctor in Houston tomorrow.  Can I just text you when we get back and see where we are?
Nicole: Sounds good.
 
We did finally make contact and she got the link to PayPal set up.  It's now available on the TeamApril FaceBook page.  Good job, Nicole.
 
Isaiah 60:1 says, "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."
 
Father, that's a great wake up call.  Keep you glory rising.  Amen.

No comments: