Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5 – “Just another day”

 

Well.  What do you say when it seems the day was just another day?  No real highlights there.  Physical therapy was the same as it was last time.  Neck isometrics.  Pull on the huge rubber bands.  Strengthen the abs.  Finish up with the treacherous body planks, front and side.  And doze for twenty minutes on heating pads with tiny little electrical lightning bolts constantly shooting into the muscles of my neck and back. 

 

The afternoon meant working on the teaching for Sunday and reviewing the teaching for last night's Life Group.  Oh, and picking out songs for the group to sing as well.  My physical therapist asked me yesterday how much time it takes to prepare for a sermon.  I think he was surprised when I told him it usually takes about fifteen hours in total.  I guess I'm not as proficient as some other guys, but I sure can get lost in it.  Maybe I should journal about that some day.  Maybe the next time I have a boring day.  Maybe tomorrow.  But then, today hasn't happened yet, and you never know what a day can bring.

 

Proverbs 21:22 says, "A wise man attacks the city of the mighty and pulls down the stronghold in which they trust."

 

Father, help me to keep you as my stronghold.  No one is wise enough to pull you down.  Amen.

 

No comments: