Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20 – “ICRTWINT”

 
Well, I finally got some help with our new iphones.  And with understanding some of the shortcut ways people text on it.  I saw this posted on someone's Facebook.  It was listed as "Middle age texting codes."

ATD – at the doctor
BFF – best friend fell
BTW – bring the wheelchair
BYOT – bring your own teeth
FWIW – forgot where I was
GHA – got heartburn again
IMHO – is my hearing aid on?
LMDO – laughing my dentures out
OMMR – on my massage recliner
WMG – where's my glasses?
ROFLACGU – rolling on floor laughing and can't get up
 
Now that's something I could use.  But ICRTWINT.  That would be I can't remember them when I need them.  Ah, well.  I guess I'll stick to the occasional misplaced "t" and inverted letters and random misspellings and …
 
We had Cailyn here again last night.  Her Mom and Dad wanted to have one last night out before April starts back to school next week.  Last time she was here we had the Texans game on TV and Cailyn was convinced she saw her Mom when they panned the stands.  This time the Astros were playing, so that game was on.  We never mentioned the game or even referred to it.  I was just watching it as we played or as Chris explained the principles of using a sewing machine to her.  Out of the blue she said, "Mommy's there."  It took a moment or two for us to realize that she was referring to the TV screen.  Chris replied, "Oh, she is?"  And Cailyn assured us, "Yeah.  Mommy's at the Astros."  That's my girl.  Cailyn, I mean.  Although, April, if you were at the game, that makes you my girl, too, I guess.
 
Proverbs 23:15-16 says, "My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right."
 
Father, help my kids to have wise hearts.  Amen.

No comments: