Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 29 – “Computer dummies-1; Geek Squad-0”

 
 
I figured out what was wrong with the new computer.  Actually Nathan helped me a lot.  That's what it took.  Two guys who know little to nothing about computers talk on the phone for five minutes and the issue is uncovered and isolated.  We are awesome.  Oh, the problem.  Apparently it had nothing to do with the driver or the graphics card or anything else those customer service geeks were having us do.  The problem was with the mouse.  I had hooked up a wireless mouse because I can't feel much with the tips of my fingers, so the mouse pad that comes with the laptop was hard for me to operate.  I forced myself to use that pad, though, and everything worked fine.  Sure felt silly at something so simple.  I'll get a new mouse today that is compatible with Windows 7 and hopefully all will be well.
 
Today Nathan and I are planning to do some wade fishing.  I hope we have a good catch.  He doesn't get to go very much.  I also hope we can find some bait.  There are lots of tourists out this weekend.  Better head out quick …
 
Proverbs 24:3-4 says, "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."
 
Father, help me look for your wisdom.  Help me appreciate the rare and beautiful treasures you have given me.  Amen.

No comments: