Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3 – “TLC”

 

I woke up around 3 A.M. with a stomach bug.  It has been making the rounds of our family, and I guess it was my turn.  I didn't think it was possible to sleep so much in a 24 hour period, but it sure beat the alternative.  Things weren't so pretty when I was awake.

 

Cailyn came over to spend the day while her Dad was at work and her Mom was in school.  She's already had this stuff.  I received some of the best TLC I have ever experienced while she was here.  It always makes me feel good when she wants to hang out with me.  But she knew something was up with old DadDad.  I guess because her own Mommy and Daddy have already been through it, too.  

 

Chris did her best to keep her away from me.  A couple of times, though, when she snuck away from Chris, she came into the bedroom and crawled up in the bed next to me and just sat there, grinning.  When I made it to the couch, she would continue playing and jabbering, and suddenly she would remember that I was there and would without a sound walk over and pat me on the arm.  My favorite was when she walked up behind me and patted me like she had before, but this time she grinned, cocked her head to the side, said, "Hi, DadDad," and bent over and kissed my arm.  That's enough to make you melt, even when you're not feeling like jelly already.  What a nurturer.

 

Psalms 144:3 says, "O Lord, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him?"

 

Father, thank you for showing your care through Cailyn.  It sure added to the effectiveness.  Amen.


No comments: