Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26 – “Keep on stepping”

 

Chris and I made a change in our workout yesterday.  We walked 2 miles instead of just one.  Then I did 5 sets of 10 each of the weights exercises I have been doing.  I used 3 pound instead of 2 pound weight.  Chris started with the 2 pound.  I know nothing about weight lifting other than what I have learned through physical therapy, so I started there.  I guess if I get really into it and it doesn't mess with my "rheumatiz" I could always ask our school headmaster for some tips.  He used to be Mister America in weight lifting competitions.  I also added 10 situps to the end of each set.  That's where it got tough for me.  That's a total of 50 situps. 

 

I got some great phone calls yesterday.  Kel called and said he had been talking to several different people who all said they wanted to be involved in leading worship, but their churches are already set.  He knew Lanny just left, so he wanted to know if we needed some help.  I told him I would be happy to talk to them.  The guy who we hoped to be taking over has a very strange work schedule.  He has to go offshore 4 weeks, then is home 4 weeks.  And that schedule changes off and on as well.  Maybe someone can come help our guys out on the weeks Ryan can't be here.  Could be God at work. 

 

Then one of the new guys at church called.  He wants to get together with a small group for prayer and focusing on love and truth and trust.  Then we can build a core group from there that is committed to being the Church for each other.  He said a group that grows from those beginnings can't help but honor God.  Wow.  How's that for an answer to prayer?  We start Friday.  He and his wife are also doing a Beth Moore study at his house on Wednesday mornings.  They are open to anyone coming, but they were worried that they would be stepping on toes of already existing home groups.  Keep on stepping.  Could be God at work.

 

I see the neurologist today (about my lower back bulging disc).  It hasn't bothered me in awhile, but I am on medication for the nerve pain, and it has been a year since he officially examined me, so they won't refill the meds until he does see me.  I guess it makes sense.  Either that or they just want another shot at me with their MRI machine.

 

The rheumatologist is tomorrow.  This will be the first time since I have been seeing him that I am doing better.  Maybe I can get rid of the steroids this time.  I also want to see if he will change the Nexium prescription to something that has a generic equivalent. 

 

It's amazing how much easier it is to deal with all that stuff when God is obviously working around us.  Bring it on.

 

Psalms 32:10 says, "Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him."

 

Father, keep moving.  We have no other hope.  And I don't want any other hope.  Amen.

 


No comments: