Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18 – “Random life updates”

 

Chris and I went walking yesterday.  It was the first time I have felt up to it in quite awhile.  Actually, I have felt pretty good since I started taking the Celebrex.  That was about five weeks ago.  To be honest the difference has been like night and day.  My fingers have been tight and somewhat sore since the weather changed, but I only had to walk through a couple of twinges in my knees and ankles.  After the walk I even did some very light weight lifting (2 pounds) to start getting my arms back in shape.  This morning I expected to be extremely sore, but so far it hasn't been too bad.  Guess I'll give it another go if Chris is up to it when she wakes up.

 

Speaking of exercise, I took Mom to water therapy again yesterday.  Some days she really balks, but she knows it's doing her some good.  She is of the generation that will pretty much do whatever the doctor tells them because he is, after all, the doctor.  And her doctor insisted that she keep up the water therapy.  I went back to get her after her allotted hour.  I waited in the car for about ten minutes, and she still hadn't come out.  So I went in to check on her.  She was still in the pool.  Looked like she was about half way through a lap of some kind.  She didn't see me, and I didn't want her to stop, so I snuck back out to the car and went over to Randall's to pick up a prescription.  When I got back she was just coming out of the changing room.  That meant she spent an hour and a half in the water.  I couldn't wait to tease her about her new found stamina.  She told me they had added some new exercises, so it just took a little longer than usual.

 

I got started on the teaching for Sunday.  I think it's going to be kind of a state of the church address.  Actually, I'll try to follow the old Moses way.  Like present some history of how God has dealt with his people here at Seaside over the years, then maybe move to some ways I see that God could be working around us now - my vision and stuff.  Should be fun.  Then we have a discernment meeting after the worship service.  The plan is to continue the visioning process for awhile and see what people are thinking about what kinds of ministries Seaside can be involved in this year.  The Experiencing God study this week is about missions around the world, so that works out well with looking for ways to be the Church this year.  I hope it all comes together in an exciting way.  

 

John 5:24 says, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

 

Father, thank you for the life you gave me.  In spite of my tendency to complain, I like it.  Amen.


No comments: