Friday, August 6, 2010

August 6 – “The Return”

 

OK.  I remembered to water the grass today.  But my problem was remembering to set the timer for when to move the sprinkler around.  Some parts of the grass got a hefty drink.  Others got the specified fifteen minutes.  Our water bill will take up the slack.  And the sad thing is, by the end of the day it's going to be like I never watered at all.  Same dry patches.  Same almost-withering flowers.  Hard to believe they look so good early in the morning when they look so horrible around five or six o'clock.  There's gotta be a lesson somewhere in there. 

 

Today's Return of the Arthritis report is getting worse by the passing hour.  Didn't have much trouble this morning, just the usual creaky knees and sore fingers and toes.  But when I stood up after eating lunch, my lower back started killing me.  That was a surprise.  This afternoon my hips kicked in for good measure.  I guess there's some sort of symphony going on and they needed some bass drums or something.  Actually, I don't know anything about the symphony.  I don't know if bass drums are even in a symphony.  But it sounded good.  To me anyway.  Something big hurts.  Or something hurts big.  Big sound.  Sure there's a connection n in there somewhere.

 

I'm planning to do some weed pulling this evening.  It was that or try some more fishing, but it's just too hot in the evening for fish.  Can't keep live shrimp alive.  They cook in the surf.  Maybe I can get Mom to go to Shrimp 'n' Stuff later on today or tomorrow.  I found a coupon in a magazine for fried shrimp dinners.  That's bound to better than the popcorn shrimp at Golden Corral. 

 

Psalms 5:1-3 says, "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.  2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.  3 In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

 

Father, I admit that when I do my sighing and crying for help, I usually miss out on the waiting in expectation part.  Thanks for hearing me in spite of me.  Amen.


No comments: