Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24 – “BC Day”

 

 

Protestations were to no avail.  The offer had been made and the good one departed, leaving the Queen and her family noticeably stunned and greatly humbled.  The grand White Castle, then became the center of activity for the next months.  The Queen Mother returned, for a room had been set aside especially for her.  Eventually the youngest prince and his young bride came to occupy the third room. 

 

And with that worry behind them, the couple began to concentrate in earnest upon the upcoming event of joy, the birth of their first child.  And the baby was a girl, much to the delight of the Queen and certainly to us all.  For now, after five young princes, we had our princess.  And she indeed proved to be the utter delight we envisioned.  The little cousins were all wonderful and we knew they would grow to be pleasing in the sight of the Great One Who Rules Even Queens. 

 

Yet in the midst of the joy, we continued in the drudgery that had become our day to day existence.  Dragging item after item from the remains of the Castle.  Cataloguing the losses with visual images as well as written descriptions.  One further heave and the ruined item found its place near the road.  The road that had become a mountain of rotting rubbish. 

 

Until … The Claw.

 

Today was BC Day.  Kel and Christina decided they wanted to go to Bay City (that would be the "BC" in "BC Day") to see Chris and her Mom, so I hitch hiked myself a ride with them.  But they weren't leaving until after lunch, so I had some time to get stuff done. 

 

And this morning was hard.  I was really excited about seeing Chris, so I had a hard time concentrating.  I did some more work on the story so I would have something for the blog today.  I even got a lot done toward the sermon for Sunday.  I'm wondering if I'll be able to show a movie clip illustration Sunday.  We're moving locations for worship, and I don't know what AV stuff will be available.  We'll see.  Remembered that I hadn't done my website article yet, so I did that, too. 

 

We have a big workday Saturday to move things around in preparation for school and for worshipping in the big building.  Starting at 8 a.m. to stay out of the heat. 

 

We got to Bay City with no trouble.  Didn't really get to spend any time with Chris though.  Too much going on with the boys and Chris' Mom all vying for attention.  I did get the little DVD player set up that I got for them.  They have never had one, so maybe it will give them something else to do. 

 

We finally convinced Chris to come to Chili's for a birthday supper.  It was great to see her away from the house for a change.  That is until it started raining and the power went out briefly.  Then she started worrying about whether it went out at the house as well, and whether they would be able to hook up the portable oxygen.  They made it fine. 

 

It was hard to leave.  A very unfulfilling trip from my standpoint.  I just wanted more time with Chris.  Still do.

 

1 John 4:13 says, "We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit."

 

Father, help me be more aware of that Spirit you have given me.  I sure forget him a lot.  Amen.


No comments: