Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5 – “On Heat and humidity”

 

Day Two without arthritis medication.  I was really tired last night when I went to bed around eleven.  I woke up one time during the night, but then slept through until almost seven this morning.  Haven't done that in a long time.  I have been drowsy all day today though.  I don't know if that's related to the meds or not.  Yesterday I was aching in just about every joint by the end of the day.  So far today has been much better.  If the drowsiness goes away and I stay at this level, I can live with it.

 

Chris said her Mom hasn't seen the little boy any more since she "found him."  They ventured out together yesterday and visited cousins and even went to the cemetery there to see the graves of Grandma and Grandpa.  It gave her Mom and Dad a much needed break apart from each other.  I'm tired of the break Chris and I have had from each other.  I understand it.  I support it.  But I'm tired of it.

 

So what's with the heat and humidity?  I keep forgetting to water the grass and flowerbeds.  I figured that if the humidity was high, then the plants could just draw it in from the air around them.  What's the use of high humidity if you still have to water the plants all the time.  I heard yesterday that the heat index was hovering around 110 degrees.  If the humidity can crawl into the normal hundred degree temperature in the air and magically transform it into ten more degrees of hot, why can't it seep itself into the bushes and grass as well? 

 

Psalms 95:3-5 says, "For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.  4 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.  5 The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land."

 

Father, you made all that water in the Gulf, and all this humidity in the air.  Could you help me out a bit with the grass when I forget to water?  Thanks.  Amen.


No comments: