Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17 – “Happy Anniversary”

 

I finished the unfinished part of the patio.  I even had time to set out some of the leftover pavers as a floor for a storage shed.  We don't have the shed yet, but we have a floor.  We may go ahead and put pavers all along the side of the house.  Nothing good grows over there anyway.

 

At lunch Mom noticed that my knuckles were all red.  They were also pretty swollen.  The  swelling happens a lot.  I have never noticed the redness, though.  I don't think they hurt any more than usual.  Guess I'll add it to my list of things to ask the arthritis doctor.

 

Today was Nathan and April's second wedding anniversary.  He called Chris yesterday to see if we could babysit Cailyn while he took April out to eat.  Since she was heading to Bay City this afternoon, she made him ask me instead.  It was a real struggle, but I agreed to make the sacrifice.  And she did fine.  She ate all the food they sent.  We spent some time outside in the front.  Cailyn and MeeMaw went for a walk and shared the same cane.  Cailyn waved and said "Bye Bye" to every car that passed by.  She finally crashed around 7:30 and I put her in the pac-n-play.  About an hour later she roused up, so I went in and picked her up.  She whined just a little bit, and proceeded to fall fast asleep again.  We sat in the rocking chair and she stayed asleep until her Mom and Dad got back around ten.

 

Speaking of her Mom and Dad, they were going to go to that Japanese food place in downtown Houston called Benihana's.  It's April's favorite place.  She likes to watch the guy cut up your steak for you right there at your table.  Not me.  I want to cut my own.  And I want to make sure it stays out of that sauce they dunk it in.  They called on the way up there and were told they close at nine.  They really didn't want to chance having to rush through the meal, so they decided to drive over to a similar place in Kemah.  But when they arrived they discovered that the place was closed on Mondays.  They thought about a different kind of food, but April had her heart set on that Japanese stuff.  So they came back to Galveston and went to Yamamoto's.  It took driving all over Texas to get them back to the Island.  And then they still had time for a round of putt-putt golf.  Why did they ever go into Texas in the first place?

 

Psalms 65:9 says, "You care for the land and water it; you enrich it abundantly.  The streams of God are filled with water to provide the people with grain, for so you have ordained it."

 

Father, watch over Chris on this trip to Lubbock with her folks.  Grant her patience and endurance.  Amen


No comments: