Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13 – “Cousins and brothers”

 

I can hardly hear myself think.  We had Jachin and Micah last night and all day today.  Baby brother Josiah was due to come home this afternoon - and he did – but Kel and Christina didn't call about getting them back right away.  I think they took a nap or something.  Then April brought Cailyn over.  April was trying to finish up all her finals and get her grades together and talk to her professor.  She found out that she made a C in her hardest class, Anatomy and Physiology.  I was proud of her.  I know she really worked hard.

 

So we had all three of the grandkids all afternoon.  And it was rowdy.  Lots of fun, but loud and crazy.  On more than one occasion I was just about to take out my hearing aids.  But I didn't want to miss anything.  They were laughing and squealing and running and being cousins and brothers. 

 

I worked on the sermon for Sunday as much as I could.  I also had to get started on the new Experiencing God study we're starting at Home Group tonight.  It's been several years since I taught it, and I found out that all the books have been updated and revised.  That means I have to start all over in my preparation for teaching it.  At this point I just hope I can get through tonight's introduction without falling asleep.

 

The new regimen of medications seems to help some as far as the pain is concerned.  But then the steroids helped last time as well.  I can feel the same steroid high, just not as pronounced.  I do sleep some.  My wrists and fingers are sore most of the time, and they are getting weak.  I dropped a glass today and it shattered all over the kitchen floor.  Not good when there are small barefoot children-type creatures running around.  The problem lately is staying focused when I have to something "intellectual."  Not that I was all that great at being intellectual before.  I find myself staring at the screen thinking of nothing in particular.  I could handle it better if I was daydreaming.  That would be fun.   I've had some great ideas while daydreaming. 

 

Obadiah 15 says, "The day of the Lord is near for all nations.  As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head."

 

Father, your "Day" looks to be exciting.  And frightening.  And exhilarating.  Come on.  Amen.


No comments: