Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15 – “Rain 2: The Sequel”

 

The rain finally stopped sometime late last night.  Our lights flickered a few more times.  Enough that I was carrying around a flashlight when we were getting ready for bed.  And I kept it handy while I worked on my nightly crossword puzzle.  Can't depart from those personal traditions.  After about 11:45 or so I have no idea what was happening outside.

 

This morning I checked out the grass we just planted to make sure it hadn't washed away.  It actually looked great.  Much greener.  The drink of water did it good.  Now if it will do the pecan tree some good it will have been a very successful rainstorm. 

 

We went out to the rummage sale at the church.  Lots of folks were there working and browsing.  I barely had time to drop Chris off before I had to leave for the wedding at the San Luis.  It was to be outside in the gazebo.  And there was an impending threat of rain again.  The radar showed a huge band of thunderstorms coming rapidly.  It looked like we would have a window of opportunity to get the ceremony in before it hit.  Problem was there was at least 98% humidity and the temperature was around 85.  Major humidity.  And all the guys were in tuxes.  I was in my marryin' and buryin' suit.  I was sweating like a stuck pig.  The other guys didn't seem to be particularly bothered, though.  I grabbed a towel from one of the bathrooms and stuck it in my pocket.  It was just a paper towel, but at the San Luis Resort, even the paper towels feel like cotton.  The gift they gave all their guests was one of those hand held Japanese fans.  Now that sure came in handy.  We made it through our window.  They are married.

 

On my way back out to pick up Chris the bottom dropped out of the sky again.  They had to move everything either inside or under the building.  By the time I got there the rain had pretty much stopped.  The incredible ladies who organized the whole thing decided to do it again in three weeks.  My hat is sure off to them.  Looks like so far we have made near $1800.

 

Psalms 8:1 says, "O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"

 

Father, I just wanted to praise you a bit tonight.  Amen.


No comments: