Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6 – “Sunset”

Today was a really hard day for me.  Not emotionally.  I just could not stay awake.  I didn't feel particularly bad.  I was just spent.  I dozed off at lunch sitting at the table with Zakary and Caleb and Cailyn and their moms and dads all talking.  I worked on the sermon for tomorrow until I fell asleep at my desk. 

 

I thought our little excursion to the Moody Gardens Aquarium this morning would help.  You know, exercise to get the blood flowing.  Might have worked, too.  But Nathan and April and Cailyn were a little late getting there, so I waited in the lobby to give them their tickets.  Ended up sitting on the floor up against a wall.  Very comfortable.  Almost drifted away when they got there and I had to stand back up.

 

I even tried drawing a new Visual Verse to go with the teaching tomorrow.  I got one done, but I had to go back three or four times and fix whatever it was that appeared on the paper.  At least now I can follow my logic.  Not that anybody else will be able to.

 

We did get to see Nathan and April and Cailyn's new apartment.  They moved in the midst of our hectic week, and didn't even ask us to help.  They knew it was impossible, I guess.  They did have some of Nathan's fire fighter buddies help, though.  They have a patio that faces West, so they are very excited about watching the gorgeous Galveston sunsets.  I'm hoping it won't get too hot this summer and cause their electric bill to hit the ceiling.  They like it, though.  It's bigger than what they had, so they don't feel as cramped with all of Cailyn's stuff. 

 

It feels strange to be writing about near-normal stuff again.  But good.  Now if I can just get some rest.

 

Psalms 104:19-24 says, "The moon marks off the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.  20 You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl.  21 The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.  22 The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens.  23 Then man goes out to his work, to his labor until evening.  24 How many are your works, O Lord!  In wisdom you made them all."

 

Father, thank you for the sunset that made our kids smile.  Amen


No comments: