Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2 – “No”

 

I had to do some research today.  I thought it would be a lot easier than it was.  I was putting together a simple songsheet for the funeral on Thursday.  All we needed were the words to the songs so people could sing along.  That part went well.  Then I figured we should get the author and copyright material as well, to go along with our CCLI number.  Lanny had the number.  It was very difficult to find the copyright information on line, though.  Sites were ready to post the words, but rarely did they include anything else.  I finally waded through the internet mire and muck and got it all.

 

Cailyn came over this morning while her Mom went to class.  She has learned several new tricks.  She can say "Fritz" now, when she sees our dog.  In fact, every dog is Fritz unless she's at home with Scooter.  And she noticed that dogs and pictures of dogs all have ears just like her.  My favorite of the day?  She has learned to shake her head "No."  She looks suspiciously just like her Daddy when she does.  He says it is really cute not, but he has a feeling it's going  to come back and bite them one day.  Oh, yeah.

 

We took some breakfast foods by the Stone's house today.  All of the family is in town now.  They had today as an "off" day as far as stuff to get done for the funeral was concerned.  Sounds like it was needed and appreciated by the whole group.

 

Today was 50 plus day at Palais Royal.  That meant I could finally get a new pair of Nike's for 20% off.  It was a pretty good deal this time.  I ended up only having to pay $35.00.

 

I still haven't started typing the actual funeral service.  I'm doing everything else I can think of to put it off.  It's next up, though.  Right after I pray awhile.

 

Hebrews 13:2 says, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

 

Father, help my heart to focus on you while my eyes and fingers are focusing on the keyboard.  Amen.


No comments: