Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26 – “Prayer time”

 

Chris looked up rheumatoid arthritis on good ol' WebMD last night.  I need to go back and read it again, but it sounded to me like walking might be the best I could hope for right now.  No street jogging.  And if I do something that hurts, stop.  Hey.  Thinking hurts.  Can I stop?  The biggest thing – and it was not negotiable – was to reduce your stress.  Period.  Now what's that going to look like?  What can I give up?  What am I doing that I can stop doing?  Am I even asking the right questions?

 

We do have a packed weekend ahead.  I go to school today.  Friday is my day to be on site Headmaster.  Then we help the kids clean and set up for church.  Then I get set up for the Solemn Assembly of Prayer tonight.  Nine prayer stations all around the room.  After that is the Prayer Vigil.  I have two slots right now – 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.  It's not on site prayer, though.  Tomorrow morning is the Prayer walk, then the Stone memorial in Hitchcock, then back home for a neighborhood street party.  Somewhere in there I need to cut some palm branches from our trees so I can make the palm crosses for Sunday.  And Sunday is Palm Sunday. Really big worship day centered on prayer and praise.  Which brings us to Easter prep for next week.  OK.  I'm tired now.  But all I have to do is one thing at a time, so … here goes.

 

2 Chronicles 7:13-14 says, "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

 

Father, we're going to be talking to you a lot this weekend.  Remind us to spend some time listening, too.  Amen.


No comments: