Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20 – “Making Room”

 

I got started this morning on the preparation for our Palm Sunday prayer weekend.  It's one of those times when I know what I'd like to see happen, but it's going to take awhile to find all the pieces and put them together.

 

I was still fighting that stomach thing this morning, too.  It seems to have finally run its course , but now I feel really weak.

 

This afternoon Chris started working on cleaning out the storeroom.  I was going to try to do some stuff outside, but it started raining so I went to the garage.  It didn't take long for Chris and I both to realize that we needed a place to put stuff before we could even  begin to reorganize it.  So we headed to WalMart for some plastic containers.  She wanted some of the big boxed so we could store things in the attic.  That was good news.  I got the small kind with dividers inside so I could get all the loose screws and nails out of the baggies they were stored in.  The idea is to make it possible to see what I have.  Just doing that much freed up a lot of room in my big old wooden cabinet out there, so I started going through some of the milk crates we had in the garage.  They had a multitude of random things in them: quite a few more screws and nails, some really nice looking glass vases as well as some green glass containers, the Budweiser light fixture that was in the house when we moved in (of course that survived the storm unscathed.  And speaking of beer, I also found an old bottle opener with Pearl Beer written on it.  That's probably worth some money to a collector of beer memorabilia.), a  microscope set, some carpentry and home improvement books from my more adventurous days, a handful of travel games, a lot of trash, and some garage sale goodies.

 

Chris did so well that she offered me the big shelf from the store room.  I can sure use it out there, but now I have to make room for it.  That means we have to cut the plywood to fit our windows in case a storm comes.  As it is, the sheets of plywood take up too much room for the shelf to fit where I'd like it to be.  And since we're going to be cutting plywood, I suggested to Chris that this would be a good time to get rid of some of the old bed frame pieces.  My idea didn't go over so well.  Must not be time yet.  Oh, well, I know there's a lot more in the back yard and over at Teri's that we still have to go through.  I sure hope this new arthritis medicine kicks in before we have to carry heavy stuff.

 

Psalms 121:7-8 says, "7 The Lord will keep you from all harm — he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

 

Father, it's so good to know you are watching, and you care.  Amen.


No comments: