Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23 – “Clearing the fenceline”

 

So what are the top ten prayers of all time?  I saw a website that claimed to have that very list, so I decided to take a look.  The idea would fit in perfectly with what we have planned for this Sunday's worship service.  They did have a list.  Some of them I agreed with – had to be on there.  Others I never heard of.  One wasn't even really a prayer.  I decided to use the idea, though, so I came up with my own top ten prayers based on, well, not based on anything really.  I either just liked them or they have been around a long time.  Can't say what they are until after Sunday, though.  I have to keep some of the mystery and drama alive.

 

I mowed the grass.  Our front yard and the neighbor's front yard.  I was working on a piece of their back yard when Chris came over and told me to turn around.  One of the other neighbors was leaning on the back fence watching me.  "Are you the homeowner?" he asked.  "No way," was my reply.  "I'm the next door neighbor.  I'm just trying to work my way over to the fence so I can knock down a section of jungle next to our property."  Come to find out, he was the one who called the police and reported a possible trespasser the other day.  We talked for awhile about what our options might be with the city.  Always good to meet a new neighbor.  I finally gave up on trying to reach the fence by going through the yard.  Chris recommended that I just hop the fence and start chopping weeds right there.  That's the idea that won out.  I only got halfway through, though, before it was time for some lunch.  Cailyn and April were over, so I also had to hold my little girl for awhile.  Never got back out there.

 

The main reason I didn't go back to the job was that I found out one of the girls in our school and youth group was in the hospital with one of those MSRA nasty big infections.  She was bitten by a spider and the infection set in.  We heard through Facebook connections that she was going to have surgery today.  Chris and I went up to the hospital to check on her and pray with her.  She was in good spirits.  Her teacher texted her while we were there and said she was coming up with the test she missed.  Our girls texted back that she had notified security to taser her when she entered the building.  I sure like teenagers.

 

1 Peter 1:3-5 says "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade — kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time."

 

Father, heal Kassi quickly, and grant her and her family patience in the meantime.  Amen.


No comments: