Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21 – “Accomplishments”


We got the yard mowed.  Accomplishment number one.  Sounds easy, doesn’t it?  Let me hasten to add then, that this momentous event occurred after two solid weeks of rain around here.  There was a thick layer of grass growing out of grass surrounding weeds hiding colonies of mosquitoes waiting to pounce and suck blood in an instant.  I gotta say, there were not many steps recorded on my step counter app, but it definitely counts as a strength building day for the knee.  My leg was, and is, sore all the way down into my ankle and foot.  I feel pretty good otherwise.  Maybe a day off today …

I connected with the Humphries family up in Alaska again.  Accomplishment number two.  We have been praying for them every Sunday at church, so I reached out to ask for some specific prayer requests for the family and for the ministry.  You might add them to your prayer list as well.  It’s tough living in that cold, barren wasteland of the north, even during the season when it is beautiful.

The LaMarque cousins came over for a visit yesterday.  It was quite a calm invasion.  After lunch (pizza, of course), Jachin and Micah played a game of Monopoly on the Wii.  My first time to see that one.  Irritatingly captivating.  Josiah played some games on his iPad.  Noa began a sewing project with Nana.  That just left the two younger ones.  Ezra took a nap.  It may or may not be true that I took a nap as well.  No comment.  Well, other than … Accomplishment number three. 

In anticipation of our excursion coming up on Sunday, I went through my stuffed animal buddies.  Accomplishment number four.  Had to make sure I had each of their names and birthplaces recorded for posterity.  They have grown into quite an entourage.  I can’t wait to see if any cousins emerge on our road trip. 

Psalms 101:1 says, “I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise.”

Father, be with Kenny and Lauren Humphries and their kiddos.  Give them encouragement every day in little ways as well as some mighty ones.  Amen.

No comments: