Friday, September 14, 2018

September 14 – “A Trip to Glen Rose”


In the grand style of youth camps of eras past, here is a little ditty to share some of the fun and frivolity …

I’m an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, hard ground
Everyone walks over me
That is why I’m cracked, you see
I’m a nut, I’m a nut, I’m a nut,
I’m a nut, I’m a nut.

Call to gather early on
This time Sam was the late one
Was Suzann late? This time not
Showed up with her coffeepot

Violet’s cinnamon rolls were fine
She and Dee drove right behind
Saw a mobile taco truck
But for orders, no such luck.

Target circle, Buc-ees head
“4-legged cow I see,” Jim said.
Scavenger hunt for in the van
You can do it, yes you can

Heard of Eggler’s cruising dares
Tales of Northwest Cindy shares
Lauren took us off roads main
To the pot maker’s domain

Lunch was next at Cotton Patch
But PK –
Eeeek.  Screech.  Eh.  Ooorp.  We interrupt this broadcast for this important message.  Our resident poet and songwriter is down for the count.  So is his wife.  Plan B in effect.

Waco made, sick ones in tow
To their son’s house they did go
Dr Pepper, silos, too
Bob and Amber joined the crew

Got to Glen Rose, none too soon
Found the house of many rooms
Cathy met her new roommate
Scary green guy was her fate

Psalms 98:7-9 says, “Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.  Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth.  He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity.”

Father, watch over the folks on this journey.  Keep the rest of them as healthy as possible.  Amen.

No comments: