Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21 – “American Girls?”

We got home from Waco Saturday evening, and to our surprise and amazement, the 40 Steps house next door has windows installed.  And almost the whole house has been covered in siding.  The shed looks done, but they still have to complete the front of the house.  I think I may have even seen a door on one side of the house.

Here’s a quick Sunday story for you.  This week we had a pretty big crowd.  The group in the worship center decided to stay for church, so they added to the excitement.  It was a group of girls like girl scouts.  Maybe American Girls?  No, wait.  Isn’t that one of Cailyn’s dolls?  I don’t know the name, but the girls were really into the teaching.  They answered questions and shared opinions as quickly as any of the adults there.  They made it a fun morning.  One of their leaders stopped me after church and said she really appreciated the way I could communicate with the children, yet she felt that she had received some real spiritual meat.  Wow.  That’s some high praise.  I assured her that must mean the Holy Spirit was working. 

Oh, and speaking of their leaders, one of the ladies approached me and introduced herself as the daughter of a friend of ours from seminary days.  Her Mom had been the babysitter for Kel way back in the day (He’s 40 now, so do the math).  I even figured out her name.  Well, I narrowed it down, at least.  See, as I told her, every single morning when I drove Kel over for a day of babysitting, I would sing, “Here we go to Shannon’s house, to Amber’s house, to Shannon’s house.  Here we go to Amber’s house, so early in the morning.”  I knew it had to be either Shannon or Amber.  Their little sister hadn’t been born yet at the time.  It was Shannon.  Great to renew an old acquaintance. 

1 Peter 4:9 says, “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.”


Father, thank you for all the groups that enjoy our retreat center at Seaside.  Give them safe travels and be a part of their gatherings.  Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how God shows up each and every Sunday!
We look forward to sitting in the new red chairs and worshiping with all our favorite Seaside Folks soon!