Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14 – “Exotic”

We walked our three miles again.  Took me a while before I could keep my usual pace though.  Pretty stiff and sore.  But the "innards grease and oil," whatever the scientific term is, eventually kicked in and I was able to finish the route. 

Cailyn came over to spend the day with us.  Nathan was working a double shift and April got a call that she could pick up some overtime.  I was already deep into working on the teaching for Sunday, so I stayed at the computer while the girls took a little trip.  They went downtown to the library.  Seems there was a special guest speaker yesterday.  And that speaker brought along some friends.  Exotic friends.  A toucan.  A lemur.  Some kind of big cat (Can’t remember the name, but it starts with an “S”).  A wallaby.  Cailyn consistently called it a Ko-wallaby.  I first thought she was saying koala bear.  It wasn’t until she mentioned it having a pouch and I saw the pictures that I fully realized what she meant.  She even got to pet it as the lady walked through the crowd with the wallaby in a bag.  That wasn’t Cailyn’s favorite animal, though.  Oh no.  When the lady pulled out the fox Cailyn was absolutely smitten.  It wasn’t an arctic fox.  Good thing or Cailyn may have gone home with the lady.  It was some other exotic breed, though.  When they got home Chris looked up the lady’s website.  She actually will bring her creatures to your home for things like birthday parties.  Pretty hefty charges, though.  Churches do get a discount.  Not enough to make me jump for the phone and book em. 

We decided that Chris and Cailyn would stop at Whataburger on their way home and bring us some lunch.  I decided to surprise them and meet them there. Pretty busy place around noon.  After lunch Chris was battling a headache, so while she lay down Cailyn and I had to entertain ourselves.  She settled on some card games.  Kings in the Corner and, our current favorite, poker.  After we played quite a few hands a friend FaceTimed her.  The two of them proceeded to have the most unusual play date I have ever witnessed.  They carried their ipads around the house playing with dolls for a really long time, happy as a lark.  Hhmph.  Girls.

James 4:11-12 says, “Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you — who are you to judge your neighbor?”


Father, thank you for my girls.  Don’t know what I’d do without them.  Amen.

No comments: