Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5 – “Make a list”

Well, it is back to work with a vengeance this week.  I have already had to do some online banking to catch up on what we missed last week (All well worth it, of course).  I haven’t even had time yet to put together my weekly to-do list.  And without a list?  Well, I’m never sure what to do next, so I get easily distracted.  That’s why I’m about two hours behind on even starting the blog this morning.  Well, that and the fact that it is cold and raining outside.  Real stay-in-bed weather.  But, too much to do for that.

What is on my list, you may ask?  Actually I know good and well no one ever asks when you say something like that, but it makes one feel important and loved.  So for the sake of my own self-esteem, here’s a quick look.  I have to meet the newest bee guy out at the church at ten.  We thought we had a guy who could do it for free, but he had to cancel out on us again, so he recommended this fellow.  Down side is, he is a pro so we’ll have to pay him.  Upside is, he can do the deed on Wednesday of this week, and we have to have it done before Saturday.  That’s our big Bethlehem Street Market craft fair.  Lots of foot traffic that tends to rile up a swarm of bees.  Before going there, though, I have to make a stop at the bank (Remember the aforementioned online banking?  This trip will make it all possible when I deposit a check).  I still have to wade through all the mail that accumulated last week (Thank you, Nathan and April and Cailyn for taking care of the mail and the dogs), both here at the house and at the church.  Chris has a huge list of preparation stuff for the market Saturday.  I have to figure out what is involved in switching from regular insurance (which has become so exorbitant it is totally out of range for us) to Samaritan Ministries and a health savings account and hopefully a good prescription discount program.  No idea what’s involved there.  My business cards are ready to pick up at the fire department.  And I haven’t even looked at the regular array of Monday tasks or sermon and Bible Study preparations. 

Know what I need?  I need to take a deep breath (Ever notice how when someone says that, you just naturally do it?  Can’t help yourself), blow it out slowly, and remember that I can only do one thing at a time.  And guess what I plan to do first?  Why, take a page from the jolly old elf, himself.  Make a list, of course.

Ephesians 4:28 says, “Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something with their own hands, that they might have something to share with those in need.”


Father, thank you for hectic days and piled up desks.  It is a reassurance that life is going on, and so can I.  Amen.

No comments: