Saturday, December 3, 2016

December 3 – “Come-Home-ing Day”

I don’t think I mentioned before one other delightful thing that the hospital here in Waco does.  I mean besides having such an amazing cafeteria.  Speaking of which, I had their grilled ham and cheese sandwich for a farewell meal yesterday.  Best one I have ever had.  Lots of gooey melted cheese.  Texas toast.  But I digress … the other delightful thing.  Every time a baby is born, the hospital plays a lullaby over the hospital intercom.  Completely unnecessary.  Totally awesome.

So yesterday was Come-Home-ing Day.  it was a little in jeopardy at one point when Christi started having some headaches and nausea, and they are still watching that, but she worked through it enough to get the go-ahead for discharge papers.  We picked up all the boys from co-op and mothers’ day out and headed for the hospital to spring the rest of the family.  All the way over we listened to some heavy negotiations between Zak and Caleb.  Right now Caleb’s car seat is right across the aisle from AnnaGrace’s.  and boy, is he ever excited to be the one closest to her.  He plans to hold her hand every time they are in the car.  But then Zakary wants some of that little sister action as well.  he made several proposals, trying to get Caleb to agree to a switch.  He was a slick negotiator, too.  He managed to change his proposal from a once a week switch to every other day in the blink of an eye.  I was most impressed by Caleb’s counter proposal, though … silence.  Why mess with a good thing?  We’ll see how things go when they are run by the all-knowing parental unit arbitrators.

We made it home and got Christi to bed.  The boys were obviously excited.  So excited that they launched into a period of play that made little sense other than it was ... loud.  Very loud.  And AnnaGrace?  Slept through the whole thing.  I think she’s going fit in nicely around here.  I had two snuggle sessions with her last night.  Well, in one of them I was just assigned to watch her on the couch.  I did until she started to rouse up a little.  That meant time to eat for her, so it was off to Mom.  The second one was a little more snuggle-worthy.  She was wide awake and inspecting her new surroundings.  I gotta say, this gorgeous little blonde is going to have a flock of admirers.  And she has a good start with this family of hers.  I guess Caleb said it best, “I don’t know what it is but I just feel sleepy when I hold her.”  I’m not sure that I would have said it exactly that way, but … yeah.  Nice call, Caleb.

Ephesians 4:22-24 says, “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”


Father, please heal Christi’s headache and ear issues quickly.  Watch over this part of our family when we head back to Galveston.  Amen.

No comments: