Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 20 – “Still waiting”

Still waiting.  No sign of grandchild number ten, grandson number seven.  Well, that’s easy for me to say.  I suppose Christina might have something else to say about that.  In fact have you seen Christina lately?  She has officially reached the “Incredibly Pregnant” stage.  If nothing happens today we are keeping the rest of her kids tomorrow for her regular doctor’s appointment.  Maybe we’ll learn more then.  I can’t speak for Christina, but I have a hunch she’s more than ready.

I made visits to a few of the fire stations yesterday.  I delivered a bag of stuffed animals from Lifeway Christian Store to each one.  In every case the guys knew exactly what they were going do with them.  They have places on the truck, nooks and crannies, that they stuff the carefully wrapped animals in.  Don’t want them to get filthy from flying around the cab of the truck.  At one station the engine was out doing an inspection, I left the bag with one of the tower truck guys.  At another I was invited in for a cup of coffee and watched the end of a movie with the guys.  At a third I had to return after a quick trip to a nearby Dollar Store.  They were out on a call.  When they got back I enjoyed the smells of a tasty lunch being hastily prepared in hopes that they could eat before any other calls came through.  I’ll complete my rounds to the other three stations on Wednesday when I go up to the church to meet the exterminator and then stick around to meet Jim for staff meeting.  Hope I don’t get the two meetings confused.  I’d hate to have a powerpoint on roach sprays for the Christmas Eve service.

Well, we are back in the saddle with water exercise again today.  And of course it is 41 degrees outside.  Guess I’ll have to put some socks on before I strap on my sandals today.  Here goes …

Ephesians 6:13 says, “Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”


Father, once again I find myself asking you to keep those fire fighters safe.  I love those guys.   Amen.

No comments: