Thursday, April 3, 2014

April 3 – “Snippets”

Uncle Jerry Update: I heard from Uncle Jerry’s son yesterday.  He finally got to talk with the neurology team about his Dad.  They didn’t give much new information, but they did indicate to him that the prognosis at this time didn’t look good.  Uncle Jerry is stable and has been moved out of ICU to a regular floor.  Not much more right now.

Wednesday Date Update: our weekly date day was kind of meager this week.  After a quick stop at the bank, we stopped by the fire department office so I could try on a hat.  The one they had was way too small, though.  I tried on a few back when Assistant Chief Winn was around, but I guess that one never got ordered.  Oh, well, I’ve waited this long … 
We did finally catch Trish at her desk, though.  I’ve been trying to introduce her to Chris for quite some time now.  They seemed to hit it off pretty well.  Of course Trish never meets a stranger.  That’s why she’s so good at her job, I guess.  Not that Chris is a tough one to meet, mind you.  Maybe I better move on before I get into trouble …

We tried a different place for lunch at Nathan’s recommendation.  It’s a little Mexican food place right around the corner from our house.  The building has changed owners many, many times over the years.  So many that we stopped even paying attention to whether it was open or not.  My beef quesadillas were some of the best I’ve ever had.  Chris’ soft tacos were huge if nothing else.  The service wasn’t all that great, though.  We were one of only two tables occupied in the whole place, and yet we never got refills on our drinks.  We never got a check, either.  We finally just walked up to the register and paid.  Not like she had a hard time remembering what we ordered.  So … good food.  Not so great service.  We may go back …

Home Depot made the agenda this week.  Chris wanted a specific kind of mulch for the flower beds, and she found it there last year.  Thankfully, they did have plenty in stock.  Chris wouldn’t let me pick it up by myself, though.  My back is still pretty tender from my yard work day the other day, so I didn’t argue too much.  Besides, we work well together for lots of things, why not lifting bags of ground up dead trees? …

Of course we ended our trek with the weekly WalMart run.  That’s where we picked up some weed and feed for the lawn.  No question about it now.  Spring has officially sprung.  And the perpetual yard work is back.  Maybe I’ll have a few more days to let my back catch up …

Titus 3:14 says, “Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.”

Father, thank you for one more day.  Help me see the excitement that’s there in each one.  Amen.

No comments: