Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30 – “I’m off”

Just have a short one today.  I’m going to try going fishing for some of those “great catches of trout” the paper has been reporting on.  We’ll see.

I personally had a tough day yesterday body-wise.  Nothing serious or anything.  Just feeling this old 60-year-old body after doing yardwork.  Got front and back mowed and edged, but what really got me sore was all the stickerburs I dug up.  Only one way to get those things effectively, and that’s to rip ‘em from the ground roots and all.  I did find one of Chris’ garden tools that helped tremendously.  Some kind of miniature hand-held rake or something.  Just enough to get tangled in the root system and pull up those evil, grow-in-a-circle weeds.  I almost filled up one of those city-issued trash cans.  Left me pretty sore all over.  And I still had to make a grocery run to WalMart.  Ah, what a granddad won’t do for the barefoot and culinary enjoyment of his little ones. 

And so, I’m off.

Psalms 107:26-32 says, “They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths; in their peril their courage melted away.  They reeled and staggered like drunken men; they were at their wits' end.  Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress.  He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.  They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.  Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.  Let them exalt him in the assembly of the people and praise him in the council of the elders.”

Father, I’m off to enjoy some of your nature.  Thank you for that opportunity.  Amen.

No comments: