Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23 – “Fish and family”

Just a short post today.  I’m going to try to beat some of the tourists to the live shrimp and do a bit of fishing.  Probably out in Jamaica Beach. 

I did want to say a quick word of honor to Travis Allen.  We were there when Travis was born, and have followed his progress ever since then.  I went to what was supposed to be his induction into the National Vocational/Technical Honor Society at Ball High yesterday.  I say ‘supposed to be” because he did so much of the work preparing for the ceremony that the group decided he should be treated as a senior member instead and given a place on the program.  Congratulations, Travis.

We also kept Kel and Christina’s boys while Mom and Dad signed the closing papers to sell their house in Galveston.  They took Noa with them, though.  Still too soon to leave her since she is nursing.  Plus she does make for quite a conversation starter.  When they got back Christina asked each of the boys what they wanted to be when they grow up.  Jachin’s response I have heard before.  He wants to be a professional baseball player.  A worthy goal.  One I had most of my life until I was 35 or so.  Micah’s was a bit different.  He proclaimed that he wanted to be a police officer.  Chris asked why not a fireman.  He responded, “Not a fireman.  They are too scary.”  OK.  Josiah was next.  He thought only briefly before blurting out, “A Skylander.  I gonna be a Skylander.”  Ah, kids these days and their video games.  Hope he gets some cool superpowers.

I’m off to the bait shop.

Psalms 91:5-6 says, “You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.”

Father, grant that kind of peace to all my family and friends.  Amen.

 

No comments: