Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8 – “Singing in the Rain”


The church service went really well yesterday.  I didn’t feel too confident going in.  Sometimes it gets that way.  Like there is one more thing, something else that I should be doing.  I don’t know what it would have been this time, though.  The teaching was on Ezra’s sermon in the rain.  To kick it off I showed a film clip of Gene Kelly singing “Singing in the Rain.”  I guess that would have been a pretty good start, but I got all caught up in it.  When he started tap dancing all over the street I couldn’t help it.  I joined him.  Yep.  Started dancing around from the back of the church to the front.  I had an umbrella on the front pew, so I grabbed it and the two of us did a little family duet.  Don’t think too many people expected that one.  I think I got their attention, though.  We had some of the best discussion during that teaching, and even our community prayer time was great. 

After church Nathan and I went out to Santa Fe to pick up a table and chairs that some friends were giving us.  It reminds me a lot of the table we had before Hurricane Ike ruined it.  This one has two really big leaves, though, so we won’t need another table at Thanksgiving.  Now we have to figure out how to turn the old table into a serving credenza.  Chris has the picture of it all planned out in her mind.  I think I understand a glimmer of what she has in mind, but I’m not sure where to begin making it happen.  Short of turning it over to a carpenter friend, I guess I’ll just have to start taking it apart and try some things.  Stay tuned for that one.  May take a long time. 

Headed over now to pick up Cailyn.  I have to be there by 6 a.m.  Mommy and Daddy both have to work, so she’ll have to wake up to good ol’ DadDad in the house.  Hope she’s not too disappointed.

Psalms 33:21 says, “In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.”

Father, thank you for the encouragement of the people at church.  Return it to them ten-fold.  Amen.

No comments: