Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 21 – “Four”

 
 
Four days to go. 
 
We went into Texas yesterday.  I had to get a blood test to make sure the rheumatoid arthritis medicines aren't destroying my liver.  Always a pleasant thought.  I did get some samples of the only medication that so far has done any good at relieving pain, Celebrex.  It is no longer covered by my insurance company, though, because it is not generic.  I have to say after taking one last night, it may be all in my head, but I really think it helped. 
 
We stopped to do some shopping on the way home.  Have to have that travel list with us whenever we leave the Island, you know.  I think we're pretty close to done as far as Christmas shopping is concerned.  I know Chris mentioned last night after she addressed the last of the Christmas letters that now she can start wrapping stuff. 
 
Yes, the Christmas letters will be going out today.  All but nine of them.  We ran out of stamps.  So if you are one of the nine, sorry.  I'll try to get some more today, but Nathan has the truck and Chris and Mom have a Wednesday club party as well as Libbie's Place party.  I'm not sure when I'll have transportation.  I wonder if the Dollar Store sells stamps?  I can walk there. 
 
And, yes, the gifts will be wrapped soon.  That will be a relief as well.  Our oldest son mastered the art of sneaking through closets to seek out hidden Christmas gifts, and he did his best to pass it on to succeeding generations.  I'm not so worried that our grandkids will snoop, but each of their fathers still has a history that they have yet to repent of, so we have to be careful when they come over for a visit during the Christmas season.  They just might have ulterior motives.
 
And now to work on the Christmas Story for this year.  Have to come up with something to tie in with the carving for this year.  Not too obvious, though.  Hmm.
 
Isaiah 40:10-11 says, "See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and his arm rules for him.  See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.
 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
 
Father, I have high hopes for this medication, but I'm remembering to reserve my highest hopes for you.  Amen.

No comments: