Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 28 – “Moving Day … Again”

"God has been very good to me.  You need it right now.  I don't."

Praise.  Ministry.  Submission.

 

Today we moved … again.  Workers were due to begin soon on the house in Tiki Island, so we had to find another place to stay while working on our "Galveston Mansion."  We thought it was just a regular house, but we found out today that the Small Business Administration loan adjuster indicated that it would take $247,000 to rebuild it.  He didn't think I made enough to qualify for the loan.  Interesting.  Maybe on the Bay.  Maybe in Florida.  Of course I don't make enough to qualify for that much!  We don't need that much.

 

Anyway, we "loaded up the truck and we moved to" … Omega Bay.  It's out near Bayou Vista, so it's not far.  The house is great, though.  It's on the intersection of some canals, so the fishing must be pretty good.  Maybe some day I'll have the time and energy to cast again.  There's plenty of room for Mom to come back with us.  Even has an elevator.  The couple who loaned it to us, The White's, has been more than tremendous.  They are members of Bay Area First Baptist Church – the one that adopted Seaside.  And the White's have adopted Chris and me.  They have gone way past the second mile in bending over backward to make us feel at home.  And they still ask us what else we need so they can take care of it.  Judy is a ball of energy – constantly on the move.  She's the one who has been delivering donated supplies to us and to Seaside.  Tyrone has been the quiet, behind the scenes, take care of business guy.  He's the one who said to me on several different occasions, "God has been very good to me.  You need it right now.  I don't."

 

"God has been very good to me."  Praise.  "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more."  (Psalms 71:14).

 

"You need it right now."  Ministry.  "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free."  (Ephesians 6:7-8).

 

"I don't."  Submission.  "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."  (James 4:7).

 

Tyrone gets its.

 

Father, help me to be a Tyrone-type Christian.  Praising you.  Serving you.  Submitting to you.  Amen.

 


No comments: