Back in the yard. This time I had free rein over that Attacking Wisteria. Well, almost free. Well, Chris was watching my every move. No power tools (Sorry, Hedge Trimmer. He was sad. Felt very disrespected). All done with hand clippers. And not even hand hedge clippers. All I used was Tree Branch Loppers. One offending tentacle at a time. And after finishing that bush and one other, I was tanked. Oh. And I found out that when Chris says, “We’re done,” she means, “You’re done.”
After lunch and two bottles of water and some Gatorade to fend off the dehydration, we cooled down enough to … go back outside. Chris sat where she could watch the Bird Wars. That would be the ongoing battles to take and/or defend the fresh water in the bird bath. I watched for a few minutes, then went over to the swing. Gotta keep those legs moving, you know?
After getting cleaned up, we touched base with a few things concerning the upcoming Alaska trip. Mainly, we wanted to confirm our cold weather gear with the tour company. Of course the first attempt bombed. The email didn’t go through. So I did the next best thing. I asked our travel agent. Still waiting to hear back from her.
John 1:14 says, The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We observed his glory, the glory as the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Father, thanks once again for keeping us from getting dehydrated working out in the heat. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment