Chris watered the grass. I helped move the sprinkler. That’s as far as we got at working some more in the backyard. I’m still gonna chop all over that evil wisteria, though. Just a brief reprieve, that’s all.
Oh, so why the reprieve? A friend of ours from Washington State (formerly of Galveston) was in town. She called and asked to get together for some coffee. She also wanted some help scattering some of her husband’s ashes in the ocean here. It was great talking to Kathy, and I think the scattering went well.
After some lunch we made a quick Walmart run. We needed some of those $45 bananas they sell. Not that the bananas cost that much, but that’s all we went for, and the bill for the bananas’ cart buddies was $45. Just like usual.
The rest of the afternoon we watched a Hallmark movie and some Little League World Series baseball. Great afternoon.
Matthew 6:19 says, Don’t store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.
Father, walk with Kathy as she nostalgically remembers her time here in Galveston. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment