I actually slept in until 6:30 yesterday. I was mentally, if not physically exhausted. All that bank stuff is draining, for sure.
And speaking of bank stuff, three guesses where I spent a good half hour or so in the morning. Was one of your guesses the bank? Yep. Back again. The online banking site wouldn’t let me log in. I figured it was something simple. You know, one of those easy things you have to be a teenager or below to understand.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised, if surprised is the right word. Come to find out, there was an issue that only the experienced teller (who happened to be in her 20’s - or maybe early 30’s) could fix. Seriously, two of the other tellers told me before I said anything, “If you have a tricky question, you better go to her.” I did, and “her” worked through the glitch from her end. All was finally well. She even did the first tedious step for me in actually using the online app.
Back home, I changed clothes - fit for outdoor activities, you know. And what outdoor activity reared its ugly head the loudest? That pesky fallen tree branch needed some attention. Chris joined me to do what she could, and we attacked the Bothersome Branch. I was kind of excited, to be honest. I don’t get to use power tools much anymore. But I broke out the sawzall and hooked ‘er up. Well had that thing sawed up and stacked up in no time. And no, Chris didn’t do anything stupid. That’s my job, wouldn’t you say?
James 5:8 says,You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near.
Father, again, thank you for the bank people who have been so patient in dealing with our “incursion.” Bless them. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment