Monday, August 3, 2026

August 3 - “Mysterious Midnight Movements”


Zak and Lindsay came to Seaside for church. The pastor greeted them with one of his longest sermons ever. Not just because of them (At least, I don’t think it was directed at them, was it Lindsay?).


After church we took them out to eat. Literally. Outside. We walked across the street to the Shrimp n Stuff food truck. Fried shrimp for three of us. Chris had grilled shrimp tacos, her favorite. 


After getting our final hugs and last “I love you’s,” they drove off into the wild northlands. Glad you two stuck around for an extra day. And Lindsay, thanks for sweeping!


Finally, we turned our attention to trip preparation. Virginia looms in our headlights. That meant a trip to Walmart, of course. We needed some snacks and Chris was looking for some shorts. We also picked up a new box fan for our bedroom. 


The other one just quit on us the night before. Sigh. I’ll miss its mysterious midnight movements. It had a way of slowly creeping away from its starting point and making its way all the way to the bed. Never actually saw it move, though. Hmm. I think I saw this episode. Any “Doctor Who” fans out there?


‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭15‬ days, He then told them, “Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one’s life is not in the abundance of his possessions.”


Father, thanks for our extra time with Zak and Lindsay. Take care of those kids. Amen. 

No comments: