Tuesday, April 16, 2024

April 16 - “Yep. Back home”


Well, the two mile walk was not too difficult this time. All that walking on the ship must have prepared my old legs a little bit. Back at the house, Chris attacked all the laundry. I attacked one of the bushes in the backyard that was rapidly getting overgrown. There are other projects out there as well, but Chris made me stop. I’m pretty sure that was a good idea. I’ll be sore again, anyway, but perhaps the severity of it will be somewhat limited. We’ll see. 


I had to make one of THOSE calls again yesterday. The creditor for our dental work bill never received our last payment. I had all my ducks in a row. Dates received and date payment sent, etc. Only problem was … the check hasn’t cleared the bank yet. That tells me the culprit is, once again, the beloved U.S. Mail Service. The agent was very helpful. She put a credit on our account to stop any further communications. We’ll be watching this one. Yep. Back home. 


James‬ ‭1‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ says, Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.


Father, it’s good to be back home and back to work around the house here. At least for a while. Amen. 

No comments: