Saturday, April 16, 2022

April 16 – “5,000 mile checkup”

It took a while, but I finally managed to get all of our retirement vacation critters together in one place for a welcome home photo.  I haven’t posted it yet, but they are all still sitting around on our dining room table.  All 18 of them.  Quite the addition to the family, don’t you think?

 

We took our car in to the shop for its 5,000 mile checkup.  Yep.  Chris figured up that we drove 5,000 plus miles this trip.  Is that even possible in three weeks?  Dennis said that after an oil change and new air filter, we are good to go again.  So we will.  Give us a week or two to recuperate first, though.

 

Back at the house, we decided to wash the car.  Well, Chris decided to vacuum out the inside, and I did have washing it on my “eventually” list.  So, we dove right in.  That thing was pretty filthy.  It was fun, though.  Chris tried to spray me with the hose at one point, but I had my secret weapon all prepared.  I was wearing my hearing aids.  That would be my “can’t get wet” hearing aids.  I offered to go take them off if she really wanted to play that game.  She made a split-second decision.  Nope.  No water fight today.

 

One of our neighbors walked down to check on us.  Seems several others have been asking about our whereabouts.  How about that?  I suppose it’s good to be missed, even by people we don’t know all that well. 

 

Last night we went to the Good Friday prayer service at Seaside.  It was a pretty small crowd, but Kel did a good job putting it together.  He played videos of several songs that were brand new and did a directed prayer time not just for the Easter service, but also for many other concerns from family physical needs to national and international political situations. 

 

We ended the day by watching some of the Astros game against Seattle.  Chris bailed early.  I made it through until the score was 4-0 bad guys.  Glad I went to bed when I did.  Final score was 11-1 bad guys.  At least our boys didn’t get shut out.

 

Isaiah 53:6 says, “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”

 

Father, please be with the services on Sunday.  Draw those folks there who you want to be there.  And be with the ones getting baptized.  Amen.

 

No comments: