Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28 - “Shaking the cobwebs”


I had one of those God moments this morning.  It came as I was waiting for my computer to finish one of those “Good morning, glad you logged on this fine morning.  While you slept the wonderful watchers of all things HP somehow logged onto your computer and updated something that you would never understand anyway, so we won’t tell you exactly what it was, unless, of course you choose to go to the ‘Advanced’ screen, in which case we will put up a dummed-down version that you still won’t understand, so just trust us to know what is best for you and wait while the updates finish their marvelous work.  Oh, and you will be required to restart your computer in fifteen seconds.  Fourteen.  Thirteen …”

I decided to read through the service for Easter Sunrise.  Since we hand out a booklet with the song words inside, I made myself one that also included everything I have to read as well (Scripture, teaching notes, and the like).  As I scanned the booklet past the teaching notes, something I never would have done normally, but the update still wasn’t finished, I realized that I had left out completely the Easter Story from Scripture.  That, my friends, would have been a major faux pas.  Easter without telling the story?  Not good.  Guess I know what at least part of my morning will look like …

Psalms 42:1-2 says, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.”

Father, thank you for shaking the cobwebs out of my head this morning and showing me what I still need to do for Sunday.  Anything else?  Amen.

No comments: