Friday, March 23, 2018

"Focus ..."


We returned to our active lifestyle yesterday.  Sort of.  Well, we started the morning off with a brisk, two-mile walk around the neighborhood.  Hey, did you see that they are making a movie about Mr. Rogers’Neighborhood?  He was our son Josh’s all-time hero as a child up until he was introduced to John Stockton.  Well, he wasn’t actually introduced to him, but he watched him play basketball on TV and decided he wanted to be like him.  I saw John Stockton on TV yesterday.  He was attending the Gonzaga basketball game.  That’s his alma mater.  My alma mater is Houston Baptist University.  They were pretty good at basketball when I went there.  Nowhere near the skill level of the athletes today, but good enough that they needed a training room staff to wrap their ankles before every game.  Guess who was on that staff for a game or two?  This guy.  I mainly worked for the gymnastics team, but I did help out before an occasional basketball practice or home game.  Wrapping ankles is not that hard.  Just make sure they can still get their shoes on.  I got some new shoes yesterday.  We went to Academy after lunch so I could spend my $10 gift card I got for joining the Coastal Conservation Association.  And my old Nikes were squeaking really bad, a built-in Nike code that they have seen better days. Guess their life expectancy was drastically shortened by our jaunt into the hiking paradise that is Big Bend National Park.  Oh, and speaking of hiking, we returned to our active lifestyle yesterday.  Sort of.  Well, we started the morning off with a brisk, two-mile walk around the neighborhood …

Psalms 40:3 says, “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.”

Father, thank you for busy days and heroes and brand new shoes.  Amen.

No comments: