Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 27 – “Artistic Marvel”


Well, I guess we are pretty much back on schedule now.  We are at home.  We went to church on Sunday and I made it through the sermon.  No small feat since I completed it the week before we left on vacation.  I did study on the way home, though.  That’s a long drive from Langtry to San Antonio.

Let’s see … yesterday was my oldest son Kel’s birthday.  No idea how old he is.  But I saw on FaceBook that a new study shows forgetfulness is a sign of intelligence.  And everyone knows, if it’s on the Internet – FaceBook in particular – it has to be true.  Boy, am I ever smart.  I think.  I forget …

Speaking of Kel’s birthday, we had some visitors yesterday.  All five of his youngsters stuck around our /house so Mom and Dad could go do a birthday movie.  I didn’t ask the parental units directly, but the kids were pretty sure they were going to see Black Panther.  The only other option would have been Star Wars.  Christina hasn’t seen that last episode yet.  I’m guessing that since it was Kel’s birthday, Star Wars took a back seat.  The kids were great as usual.  We hung our new kiddie swing up and spent a long time in the back yard with Noa and Ezra while the older guys played video games.  Then when their timer went off (Yep.  Mom and Dad are old fashioned.  They are only allowed a certain amount of time each day on media), we played a game of Pictionary. 

And here I have to award the Artistic Marvel Award to Josiah.  He was on my team and began his drawing with an eye.  That’s it, just an eye.  Then he added a circle underneath it.  Strange.  The out of the circle came a long, skinny oval with a line down the middle that had all the makings of a tongue.  And on the end of the tongue-ish thing was what appeared to be a flying bug-critter of some kind.  This was getting interesting.  I couldn’t wait to see the rest.  Connected to the circle was a fatter oval shape with four very short legs coming down (by now I was absolutely certain I knew what it was, but he was doing so well I just couldn’t stop him.  And we still had time on the timer).  The webbed feet were a sure give-away, so I got in just under the wire with my guess of “frog.”  Very nice job on that one, Josiah.

Mom and Dad returned, and as they were heading home, I got a call that the people heading up the primary voting booth that the church is hosting couldn’t get the doors locked.  They were required to lock the doors because of the equipment inside.  So I headed out there to help with that situation.  Meanwhile Chris went over to the Lassie League fields to watch Cailyn play.  I joined her there on my way home.  Cailyn had a fabulous night at the plate.  A home run shy of the cycle: triple, double and single.  And she did a great job at third base as well.  Not that I’m a proud grandpa or anything …

Psalms 34:17 says, “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.”

Father, thank you for the special children you have gifted us with.  Help them grow to love you more than anything.  Amen.

No comments: