Thursday, March 30, 2017

March 30 – “It was a dark and stormy night …”

“It was a dark and stormy night …”

Well, I didn’t know what else to write today, and it always seems to work for Snoopy, so I thought I’d try it.  It’s not actually a descriptive statement for Galveston last night, though.  Actually it was a pretty clear night as far as I could tell.  None of the blustery weather I heard about in Oklahoma and North Texas.  Oh, it sprinkled a little as we were shoving the shed back into its place on the side of the house.  Only put one ding in the fresh paint, too.  We’ll get that rep-aired and repainted with no problem.  The hardest part of that task, once we got the shed in place, was remembering where everything fit that we took out of there.  It took me a while – long enough that I was soaked by the “sprinkles” by the time I got through – but I managed to fit everything in and still make getting the lawn mower out a fairly easy process.  And with that completed, the back yard is officially done.  Just in time for our next party tonight.  Our home group is feting Anne and Eric and Cedric on their last meeting together with us before they move to Austin.  Cedric has wanted to go into the back yard every Thursday since we started the building project so his desires can finally come true.  See you tonight, Cedric.

Now the big weather story here is the fact that it is cold this morning.  65 degrees.  That is just about as cold as I’m comfortable with, especially in March.  I left the whole Spring snow thing behind when we moved here from Denver.  So excuse me now as I go look for my heavy jacket …

2 Timothy 2:22 says, “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”


Father, thank you for all the different flavors of weather you created.  Amen.

No comments: