Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10 – “Pastries for Padres”

Well, yesterday I went to Pastries for Padres.  I actually thought it was Pastries WITH Padres, but I was rather severely corrected by my date.  Nope.  Not Chris.  My date was Cailyn, and I was honored when she asked me to accompany her to her school’s breakfast for Dads.  Her Dad had to be at work, so I got to be his stand-in.  Proud to do it. 

When we first arrived, there didn’t seem to be that many people there.  Oh, we saw five or six Dads who were obviously hand in hand with their little dates, but the parking lot wasn’t all that crowded.  By the time I left the event a scant half-hour later, however, the parking lot was totally full.  Cars were parked lining every street.  Cars even blocked the driveways into the lots. 

Once we got inside, there were Dads everywhere.  And more kept coming.  I saw two local pastors, four fire fighters, one EMS guy, a few guys who worked for city crews.  And a host of other Dads, of course.  Oh, and there were even some Moms in the building.  And siblings galore.  I kind of felt sorry for all of them, though.  See, I got to sit next to the most beautiful young lady in the whole building.  And apparently one of the most popular as well.  She couldn’t keep up with all the youngsters calling out, “Hi, Cailyn” as they worked their way toward the food lines.  When we finished our tasty cinnamon rolls, Cailyn even took our trash to the trash can.  Quite the little hostess. 

Oh, I almost forgot … in one of the highlights of the morning Cailyn used my phone to take a selfie of the two of us.  Then she posted it on line, where a lot of folks have since registered their approval.  Then she sent it to her Mom and Dad and Nani.  Ah, technology.  Ain’t it grand?  And technology operators?  The younger the better.  I would call this event a rousing success. 

1 Timothy 1:17 says, “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”


Father, watch over all of those youngsters and their families.  Amen.

No comments: