Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6 – “Happy Anniversary, Chris!”

Since she is not out of bed yet, I can’t speak to the gift I selected for her this year or the process I went through (or the accomplices involved) to get it delivered.  She often checks her phone for key news events and sometimes includes my blog as one of those.  So I’ll save that story for tomorrow’s blog (if I remember).  Today I just keep it simple.  I love my wife.  Have for the 41 years we have been married and for the I-don’t-remember-how-many years we dated before that.  I fell in love with her the first time I saw her in the lunch line at college.  That’s when I told the guy behind me, “See that blonde right there?  I’m gonna marry her.”  And I did.  Absolutely the second best thing (after salvation) that has ever happened to me.  Yup.  I love my wife.

Proverbs 31:10 says, “A wife of noble character who can find?  She is worth far more than rubies.”

Father, thank you for the most incredible gift I have ever received from you outside of salvation … my wife.  Bless her.  Surround her with your love and protection.  Give her strength and energy.  And most of all grant her your peace that passes all understanding.  Amen.


No comments: